Welcome to my internship blog! I am volunteering at the local Health Department to improve their tobacco cessation services.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Final thoughts

Now that the presentation is behind me and I'm working on my paper I've been re-visiting the blog to look at the timeline of events in my program. It's amazing how far I've come from the first blog post! I was so uncertain how it would all play out; now I have more confidence in myself as a health educator and program planner than ever. My internship experience gave me more than just a check mark for a school requirement it has given me the opportunity to experience health education in a real setting as well as network with local health educators and become familiar with the system of health promotion. I feel incredibly fortunate to have been able to receive the free training that I did and become somewhat of an expert in the tobacco cessation field. Some of my most used resources during the program planning are:
http://www.lungusa.org/
http://www.ffsonline.org/
http://www.cimh.org/
http://www.samhsa.gov/

No comments:

Post a Comment